There are two different types of Chemical peels that we do here at 27 Two 6 Beauty in welling. These are Chemical peels and Enzyme peels.
What is an Enzyme peel?
Enzyme peels- Our enzyme peels are Signature Facelift and O2 Facial.
Enzyme peels are natural formulations that provide a mild softening and exfoliation of the surface layer of the skin, but are more gentle than acid peels or physical exfoliation. Enzymes do not penetrate deep into the skin, another quality that makes this type of peel effective but gentle for even sensitive skin.
Enzymatic peels work on the surface to clear dead skin cells and allow new skin cells to form.
Types of fruit enzymes:
- Pumpkin- provides a natural and gentle exfoliation along with skin brightening antioxidant vitamins and minerals.
- Pineapple- Helps to exfoliate the skin and rebuild collagen for a more youthful complexion. Also provides anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Papaya- Helps to exfoliate, moisturise and repair the skin.
What is a Signature Facelift?
One of our most popular skin peels at 27 Two 6 Beauty is our Signature facelift, this is a facial that has a combination of vitamin C blend, enzymes and hyaluronic acid to help brighten, hydrate and soothe the skin's complexion. This facial is beneficial for all skin types but is highly recommended for redness prone skin, dry/dehydrated and environmentally stressed skin. Signature facelift is a layered facial, which means all the products are applied on top of one another and left to sit for 5 minutes and then removed. After this treatment your skin instantly feels refreshed, plump and hydrated just after one treatment.
What is an O2 facial?
An O2 Facial is a revolutionary oxygenating treatment. This facial helps the skin draw in more oxygen, hydrates the skin, protects the skin, also creates more blood flow which promotes more healing and is a really good treatment for someone who suffers with breakouts or has very dry/dehydrated skin and is also very gentle on the skin. After this treatment your skin immediately feels softer,smoother and more radiant after just one treatment.
The other chemical peels we do at 27 Two 6 Beauty are far more advanced and an in-depth skin consultation with one of our skin therapists is required beforehand.
What is a Chemical peel?
With our Advanced chemical peels we have to prep the skin before we do the treatment. Chemical peels have a higher percentage of acids and vitamins packed within the solution and are a lot more stronger than an Enzyme peel. Chemical peels also work deeper within the skin, not just on the surface. These active acid solutions support collagen and elastin as well as smoothing fine lines and wrinkles, even skin tone and improves discoloration.
Why do we prep?
- To get the skin to good health
- Thin epidermal layer
- Enhance penetration
- Accelerate healing
- Reduce post-peel complications
- Reduce post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation- irritation on a higher fitzpatrick (skin type)
How do we prepare?
- You will need a course of signature facelifts, 6-8 treatments 2 weeks apart, however this depends on your fitzpatricks.
- You will have to be on IMAGE products at home.
- Have to stop using any acids 3-4 days before your peel.
If you do not prep your skin or have healthy skin before having our chemical peels there are so many more risks and could damage your skin.
Stress and being hormonal can make you more sensitive
What are the Chemical peels?
Lightening lift peel
Photo damaged skin
Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
Uneven complexions have met their match! This treatment contains the most effective botanical brighteners with stem cells and anti-aging peptides which leaves the skin looking younger and luminous.
Wrinkle lift peel
Fine lines and wrinkles
With a blend of ultra-resurfacing acids (glycolic and retinol) visibly reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles leaving the skin firm and revitalized. Buddleja stem cells to reduce inflammation and diminish photoaging, botanical coffee and peppermint energise, while eucalyptus and ylang ylang purify the skin.
Acne grades 1 &2
Acne prone skin
A blend of alpha (AHAs) and beta hydroxy acids (BHA) blended with lilac plant-derived stem cells to reduce blemishes, redness and diminish breakouts and dark spots. Detoxifying ylang ylang and eucalyptus purify oily skin and help to treat and heal acne blemishes.
These peels are superficial peels (level 1) which penetrate a little bit deeper into the skin.
Stronger Chemical peels
Lightening lift FORTE
This peel is for more advanced pigmentation symptoms. This peel is still the same as the Lightening lift peel but is extra strong but is also formulated with 50% Lactic acid for a boost of added exfoliation, lightening and hydrating power.
Wrinkle lift FORTE
This peel is for more advanced signs of ageing, which includes deeper wrinkles and loss of elasticity. This is still the same as the wrinkle lift but is stronger but is formulated with 45% Glycolic acid for a boost of added exfoliation, a blend of firming and anti-ageing properties for results that will really help your Age Later.
These peels are advanced peels (level 2) which are self neutralising.
All of these peels are Aloe vera based.
What if I don't peel?
We have had extensice skin training here at 27 Two 6 Beauty, we understand a lot of people think that when they have chemical peels their skin will peel like a snake, however with our peels you may not peel, this is not a bad sign. if you don't peel it means your skin is healthy so you won't have visible exfoliation, visible exfoliation does not determine how good of an effect the treatment is or was, some clients skin maybe too impacted that it can take several peel treatments to loosen the dead skin cells enough to cause shedding of the skin. Peeling is just a side effect to the results of a skin peel.
Reasons for an in depth skin consultation.
- We need to find out your skin concerns
- We need to understand the results you want to acheive
- We need to make a skin care plan and treatment plan for you
- If you are really ready to transform your skin
- If there is any reason you may not be able to proceed with the peels.
Reasons we could not do the treatment
- The use of Accutane in the past 6-12 months
- Known allergies to the ingredients in the peel
- Allergy to aspirin (Salicylic Acid)
- Currently under a Dermatologist for a skin disorder
- Autoimmune disorders
- Active facial rashes
- Active cold sores
- Open lesions on the face
- Recent facial surgery
- Botox and Fillers within the last 2 weeks
What Acids are used?
AHAs (Alpha Hydroxy Acid)
- Glycolic Acid
- Lactic Acid
- Malic Acid
- Tartaric Acid
- Citric Acid
These acids reduce fine lines and wrinkles and promote hydration and help with mild skin discolouration.
BHA (Beta Hydroxy Acid)
The only BHA is Salicylic Acid which:
- Penetrates the pores
- Reduces sebaceous gland activity (produce sebum and secrete sebum, helps to moisturise the skin)
- Lift dead cells and congestion with in the pores
- Oil soluble acid
Aftercare for Chemical peels:
- Avoid using Acids for at least 72hrs
- Avoid over exfoliating
- Zero use of sunbeds
- Do not pick and pull if you have flaky skin
- No hair removal (waxing/threading etc)for at least 7 days
- Do not have laser hair removal, chemical peels or microdermabrasion for 14 days
- Do not use Jacuzzis, steam room, saunas, hot showers or swim for 2 days
- Do not participate in any exercise for 2 days
- Avoid direct sunlight
- Keep skin Hydrated & use SPF everyday
If you are interested in transforming your skin and ready to commit to a skin care plan and treatment plan. Please give us a call in the salon or email us, or book a skin consultation via our online app.
27 Two 6 Beauty
0208 301 2726